What I really mean is that we found a problem while I was visiting Juan
Carlos in Ciudad Real (related with how SAX1 implementations handle
namespaces) that made it mandatory for us to try to go into SAX2 --->
Xalan2.

I did some experiments and I found that migrating Jetspeed to use only
Xalan2.0.0 implies only changes in two files (SimpleTransform.java and
ECSStylesheetElement.java). I have updated them, and everything seems to
be OK. I will test a little bit more.

I'm asking, in brief, if anybody oposes to switching to Xalan2.0.0. I
can take care of commiting after more testing, maybe explaining needed
changes in XSLT processing for other teams, ...

It brings a lot of advantages if properly done, as Jetspeed (when some
extra changes are done) will no longer depend from Xalan. Instead, it
will depend on javax.xml.transform.*,org.xml.sax.* (TRAX) and
javax.xml.parser.* (JAXP).

This is not done yet, but I will do it in the next days if nobody oposes.

BTW, there is a comment in EcsStylesheetElement.java saying that this
class is transient. Is it needed still ? My adaptation is a quick fix,
and I would prefer not to commit it.

Another caveat: to make it work, I have to define

export
TOMCAT_OPTS="-Dorg.xml.sax.driver=org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser"
(before it was
export
TOMCAT_OPTS="-Dorg.xml.sax.parser=org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser" )

I think it changes as gremlins move my versions of xerces.jar around :-)
(1.2.3 --> 1.3.0 --> 1.2.3, ...) or from tomcat/lib to WEB-INF/lib (of
cocoon and jetspeed and ... or maybe it was xalan.jar? ) You all know
what I mean... You're happy if you don't :-)

Anybody knows how to get rid of this definition in a sensible, cult and
educated way?