Matthias Krehl wrote:

> Hi!
>
> In fact i do use the sh-script to start/stop tomcat.
> In our configuration it is:
>
>     /etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat
>
> However, i changed the
>
>     deamon tomcat start
>     deamon tomcat stop

>     tomcat start
>     tomcat stop

Run it directly from command line (using tomcat "run"), so that you have stdout and
stderr in the console,
watch for the Segmentation violation, and report it to Sun or Blackdown.

I'm pretty sure your configuration is crashing when Jetspeed runs, and a VM crash is
NEVER
a problem of the application (if it is pure java) but of the Virtual Machine
implementation.

You will get a message with a "Please report this bug", and a hexadecimal message. I
have reported
quite a few of those to Sun already, but never with 1.3.0 or 1.3.0_01, only with betas.