Hi,

A while ago, there was a discussion about concurrent users and how fast they
are processed. I spent some time to find and eleminate the occuring
problems. A short summary:

* There are a lot of unnecessery synchronized statements in the generated
PortletSet tree and related java files such as PortletConfig and others.
They are not needed and we can remove them safely.

* We store per-user information in PortletConfig. That is not correct
because PortletConfig only exists once per Portlet. Also, it leads to
failures when more users get their home page concurrently (The portlets are
mixed randomly - this means that they switch position at will).
I looked in detail at this issue and know now exactly what is going on
there. If one is interested I can post a summary with diagrams of it.
-> I created a new class (PortletUserConfig) to save per-user information.
The PortletUserConfig is only stored in the PortletSet tree, that is created
in every request.

BTW: Raphael, did you modify these classes for the new layout system? I
modified the following classes:
* PortletSet
* a few factory classes
* a few controller classes