Some tips ...

From:
http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/configuring-specific-webapp-deployment.html

Your XML context files should be in the ${jetty.base}/webapps/ directory.
(It appears you are still on the old-school method of modifying
${jetty.home}, might want to read up on the jetty.home vs jetty.base
split<http://www.eclipse.org/jetty/documentation/current/startup.html>,
it will make your life easier in the long run)
There were some fundamental behavioral nuances in the split between
/contexts/ and /webapps/ that confused many people, and resulted in
duplicate deployments of the same webapp in an overwhelming number of
cases, the 2 separate directories were merged together with some basic
basename logic to minimize the dual deployment issues that many had.

The XML file format has changed slightly (mainly just a new DTD reference
that *must* be updated), be sure you update your XML files.
If you have your *.war (or webapp directory) in the ${jetty.base}/webapps/
directory too, then make sure your XML file and the basename of the webapp
is the same (otherwise you'll have double deployment).

Said another way...
   if you have in ${jetty.base}/webapps/
      search.war   <-- this is ignored, because search.xml exists)
      search.xml  <-- this is used
      admin.xml   <-- this is used
      webadmin.war  <-- this is deployed as the /webadmin context path
(even if admin.xml references it)
      mystatic/    <-- no WEB-INF/web.xml in here? then its a deployment of
static content to the "/mystatic" context path

Note: if you are using xml deployment descriptors, then you don't need to
have the war file in ${jetty.base}/webapps/ too.

To see what was actually deployed, set "jetty.dump.start=true" in your
${jetty.base}/start.ini and check your logging output, it will include the
server state tree (including all handlers + webapps).

--
Joakim Erdfelt <joa...@intalio.com>
webtide.com <http://www.webtide.com/> - intalio.com/jetty