Peter,

You've brought up some good points. The good news is this is something I
have been working on (as part of https://github.com/eclipse/
jetty.project/issues/1319 ) and hope to have published soon as the current
information is not complete.

As for the specific functionality you mentioned with [files], the copy
features are largely undocumented as they really exist as convenience
methods to move things from Jetty_Home to Jetty_Base.

Regarding extraction, I think it could be a good addition. I'd definitely
recommend you enter it as a feature request on the project GitHub page (
https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/new). If you are willing
and able to produce the commit we'd certainly welcome it as well.

Best,
Chris