Richard Green wrote:

> >4. What are Carlebach's best recordings?
>
> Since I own about 60 of his recordings I can tell you that in the category of best
> live album Shlomo Live in Vienna is my personal live favorite.  It features Borchi
> Nafshi, L'maan Achai Ve'reay, Uv'nei Yerushalayim, Borchenynu Avinu and L-rd Get Me
> High among others.
>
> Best studio album (and I don't believe that it was over produced) is the Days Are
> Coming recording featuring Ki Va Moed, Tov Lihodos, Hinie Yamim, Mi Chomocho Baal
> Gevuors, Asher Bara and Ma Oshiv among others.  The recording was reengineered by
> theCarlebach Foundation and it features less avante gard type guitar than Neil
> Siedel's original recording. I have both versions

I don't usually post "Me, toos", but perhaps a confirming vote would be informative;
as someone who has showcased (on the radio, in lectures and courses, and now on my CD)
and written about Shlomo's music for several decades, I want to *enthusiastically*
second Richard's first advisement re the R. SHLOMO CARLEBACH live album, which is also
*my* favorite!  Shlomo's in wonderfully mellow voice, plus the sound quality, esp. in
re Shlomo vis-a-vis audience, is about as good as it gets in Shlomo's recordings.

I certainly think DAYS ARE COMING is an excellent, spirits-soaring album as
well--right up there.

--Robert Cohen

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash