I was just pissed that people replied to the list when the message said
specifically "please reply privately," and this happened with two
successive threads.  I'm not saying you should curtail meaningful
discussion.

--
  -Wendy

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
-Mohandas Ghandi

"The truth does not cease to exist because it is ignored."
-Aldous Huxley

***Humans are the most selfish of all beings.  Earth belongs to _all_
species.***

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Freda B Birnbaum wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, I. Oppenheim wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Wendy wrote:
> >
> > > When someone asks a question, unless it's something that you feel is
> > > important for the whole list to see, please reply offline!  This
> > > especially goes for those who specifically request replying offline.
> > > Just check the header when replying and make sure you're not sending
> > > it to the list.
> >
> > Unless the subject in question is off-topic, it is courteous to share
> > the discussion with your friends on the list, rather than keeping it
> > private.
>
> I agree.  Often other people ARE interested, and it saves the trouble of
> writing privately and asking for it for "me, too"; and the trouble of
> replying to several such individuals.  One on-list reply takes care of it.
>
> Freda Birnbaum, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> "Call on God, but row away from the rocks"

Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network  http://shamash.org
A service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an
online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/

* * FREE JEWISH LEARNING * *
Shamash invites you to join MyJewishLearning.com, a comprehensive,
objective, authoritative and interactive learning resource in all areas
of Judaism.  Free membership via http://www.myjewishlearning.com/shamash