Hello

I tried to send this email via gmane, but I never saw it on that list,
so I resend it.

Using a Thinkpad Laptop with a new Samsung ssd, I have installed kubuntu
10.04 and chosen jfs. Since 10.04 is too old to support trimming, I
compiled and installed kernel 3.7 and complied fstrim.

The relevant entry of my fstab reads as follows.

UUID=8e06979b-2dbf-4192-8513-957bafa74a1e /               jfs
nodiratime,noatime,errors=remount-ro 0

The recommendation to use nodiratime and noatime for ssd I found
for example in
http://askubuntu.com/questions/1400/how-do-i-optimize-the-os-for-ssds

I run fstrim periodically via cron and everything seems fine.

However from time to time by system ends up to be mounted *read-only*.

 dmesg  gives errors like this:

[105074.721310] ERROR: (device sda5): dbDiscardAG: no memory for trim array

(I could send the complete result of dmesg, but it is large. I obtained
it by dmesg | pastebinit).

Since the fstab entry states errors=remount-ro I presumed this is the
source for the read only remount.

I can remount my hard disk and continue as if nothing has happened or I
can reboot.

In any case I would like to know:

    -  what can I do to prevent this problem, since it is annoying and
       might result in  loss.

    -  is it safe just to remount or should I reboot?

Thanks and regards

Uwe Brauer