On 02/21/2015 04:26 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am writing a software to read jfs partitions, and I can already read
> the root and many directories / files inside it.
>
> But some dirs / files have a high inode number (0x106 and 0x107), but
> my Fileset Inode Map has only 3 extents, which means that I have only
> 32*3 inodes available, so I cannot locate this high inode nr =(
>
> Any ideas of what I am failing to understand here??? How to find inode
> with number 0x106?

Are you familiar with the JFS layout document?
http://jfs.sourceforge.net/project/pub/jfslayout.pdf

The fileset inode map consists of an array of inode aggregate group
structures or IAGs. These contain maps to the inode extents that
actually hold the inodes themselves. Each IAG addresses 4096 inodes
(INOSPERIAG), so inodes 0x106 and 0x107 need only the first IAG. Within
the IAG is an array of the pxd's pointing to the extents, inoext[], so
inodes 0x106 and 0x107 would be in the extent pointed to by inoext[8] in
the first IAG.

The jfsdebugfs tool may be helpful in looking at the structures within
your filesystem. The source code to that, in the xpeek directory of
jfsutils, would be another reference for navigating the data structures.