I am assisting a colleague who is testing Sybase using a 1Tb LVM logical
volume with jfs 1.0.6 installed, on an 8-way smp box with SuSE 7.2 and
2.4.9 kernel.  He encountered the following problem accessing his files on
the jfs volume:

"When looking for the Sybase server build script, srvbuild, I could not
find it in the directory where it resides.  Upon entering the ls command to
list the directory listing, I received a number of errors, something like
this: "Input/Ouput error on srvbuild" and a handful of other files in the
same directory.  None of these files were in use at the time.  Other files
in the directory then listed normally.  Upon rebooting the machine and
running logredo and fsck.jfs, the files 'reappeared'.  The problem has only
manifested once, but is of enough concern to me as it affected our ability
to perform necessary tasks."

Has anyone seen "Input/Output error on filename" before?  Any bells ringing
out there?

Jay Inman
Linux Test Project
IBM Linux Technology Center
Tie Line: 678-9277   External: 512-838-9277
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ltp/

"Visualize Whirled Peas"