On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 02:11:21PM -0500, Eric P. McCoy wrote:
> People have been talking about getting generic POSIX ACL support into the
> mainline kernel since 2.0 or earlier, and I've yet to see a single line of
> code to suggest it's actually going to happen.

Linux 2.5 now has VFS support for extended attributes and the XFS and ext2
people have agreed on a userspace ACL library to implement ACLs ontop of
the EA syscall interface.  Having generic kernel support for Posix ACLs
is just a matter of adding two headers and a few fixups to the core kernel.

http://www10.software.ibm.com/developer/opensource/jfs/project/pub/jfsref.tar.gz