Hi!

I'm using JFS as my main filesystem now for a long time now and am
very happy with it. As I'm about to install a newer system using LVM
it would be crucial for me to have the capability to resize the
overlying filesystem. AFAIK, this is not yet possible with JFS.

1. When do you think can I expect to have a resize utility available?
2. Can you guarantee that if I use and format an LVM partition with
   JFS right now using 1.0.16 that I will be able to use the upcoming
   resize functionality without loosing data (i.e. having to reformat)?

I would be very happy, if you could give me an answer to those two
questions.

Thanks
Jocki

PS: I haven't been very happy with reiserfs (a poweroutage once killed
   my data) and ext2/3 doesn't behave nicely with many files in
   directories and XFS is a pain to get into the kernel still, so I'm
   essentially happy with JFS.
--
Joachim F. Selinger        /  \ /  \/\ /\/  \              ___