On Wednesday 12 June 2002 09:51, Bas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed jfs has proc support, so I build a kernel using proc
> support, rebooted, and saw nothing there. /proc/fs is there, but no
> subdir/file/whatever named jfs.

JFS only creates entries in /proc/fs/jfs when CONFIG_JFS_DEBUG is
enabled in the kernel.  We should create some entries when
CONFIG_JFS_STATISTICS is defined and CONFIG_JFS_DEBUG is not, but it's
not working that way right now.  You just reminded me we need to fix
this.

> By the way: whenever I untar something big on a jfs volume I notice a
> very big decrease in performance on any other jfs filesystem.
> For example:
> /usr Is a separate evms volume and /home is as well (so are /, /var,
> /tmp, /boot ..., but that's not important)
>
> When I untar something to /usr/src and edit something in my homedir
> and try to save it, it often takes a lot of time before I can
> continue working. Is this normal behaviour ?

I'm guessing this is due to serialization in the jfsCommit kernel
thread.  I'll look into creating one such thread for every filesystem
and see if it improves things.

> Thanks again,
> Bas.

Thank you,