On Thu, Oct 17, 2002 at 04:56:53PM -0400, Barry Arndt wrote:
> We would like to rename the JFS utilities for
[...]

Hi I don't know if there is something in Linux Standard Base about this, in
wich case I think it would be the right direction

> consistency and to have more meaningful names.

consicency....

[...]

> fsck.jfs => jfs_fsck
> (a hard link will be created for fsck.jfs)

agapito:/tape# locate fsck. | grep bin
/sbin/fsck.ext2
/sbin/fsck.ext3
/sbin/fsck.minix
/sbin/fsck.msdos
/sbin/fsck.nfs <- plese note, that even nfs has a fsck for real consistency
/sbin/fsck.vfat

> mkfs.jfs => jfs_mkfs
> (a hard link will be created for mkfs.jfs)

agapito:/tape# locate mkfs. | grep bin
/sbin/mkfs.ext2
/sbin/mkfs.ext3
/sbin/mkfs.minix