----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Kleikamp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Will Reid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 22, 2002 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [Jfs-discussion] JFS on LVM problems with jfsutils 1.1.0

> I'm curious what caused this.  Anything in /var/log/messages?

Well, I cat and grep ALL the files in /var/log/
only thing for jfs was when I installed it (via emerge, Gentoo/portage
thing)
and these lines
Nov 22 08:53:42 confucius JFS: fsim_test_version: mkfs.jfs test version
completed with exit code 0
Nov 22 08:53:42 confucius Engine: load_module_plugins: Loaded from
/lib/evms/libjfsfsim-1.1.1.so.
Nov 22 08:57:13 confucius JFS: fsim_test_version: mkfs.jfs test version
completed with exit code 0
Nov 22 08:57:13 confucius Engine: load_module_plugins: Loaded from
/lib/evms/libjfsfsim-1.1.1.so.

nothing spectacular here.  Where would jfs typically log?

> Did you see any errors from fsck.jfs, or did it apparently run
> successfully?

Thanks,
Will

It was a typical fsck.jfs.
stuff like "fs is dirty even though reported clean"
so I forced it and it said changes were made, but never asked me to verify
anything (I didn't do automatic).
I assumed this to be typical.

> I guess I'll have to play with LVM to see if I can reproduce your
> problem.

K, that would be appreciated.  I guess you have a test machine for this.
Fill a partition up, continue to push data to it, and see if jfsCommit (I
believe that was the process) seg faults when you do so.