Hi all.

I work with kernel 2.4.20 , lvm 1.0 and jfsutils 1.1.1. for 2 weeks and I had 3 or 4 problems with jfs filesystems. The problems basically happened
when I worked with office aplications (StarOffice) or copy files between jfs filesystems. The last problem was very serious becasuse
I've to push reset button to recuperate the system control and I lost one filsystem. In this last case, the root filesystem begins to report problems about jfs boundaries and
I press reset button. On reboot, there was one filesystem that jfs can't recuperate. This is my fsck.jfs output.

gava:~# fsck.jfs -v -a /dev/dades_vg/aplicacions
fsck.jfs version 1.1.1, 17-Dec-2002
The current device is: /dev/dades_vg/aplicacions
(chklog) FSCK Open(...READ/WRITE EXCLUSIVE...) returned rc = 0

(chklog) FSCK Primary superblock is valid.

(chklog) FSCK The type of file system for the device is JFS.

Block size in bytes: 4096
File system size in blocks: 90112
Phase 0 - Replay Journal Log
(chklog) FSCK:LOGREDO: Log already redone!

(chklog) FSCK logredo returned rc = 0

Phase 1 - Check Blocks, Files/Directories, and Directory Entries.
(chklog) FSCK Dense file (inode A16) has an unallocated section after offset 16.

(chklog) FSCK Primary metadata inode A16 is corrupt.

(chklog) FSCK Duplicate reference to 2 block(s) beginning at offset 42 found in file system object MA16.

(chklog) FSCK Inode A16 has references to cross linked blocks.

(chklog) FSCK Duplicate reference to 1 block(s) beginning at offset 8192 found in file system object MA16.

(chklog) FSCK Inode A16 has references to cross linked blocks.

(chklog) FSCK Duplicate reference to 1 block(s) beginning at offset 16384 found in file system object MA16.

(chklog) FSCK Inode A16 has references to cross linked blocks.

(chklog) FSCK Duplicate reference to 1 block(s) beginning at offset 24577 found in file system object MA16.

(chklog) FSCK Inode A16 has references to cross linked blocks.

(chklog) FSCK Duplicate reference to 1 block(s) beginning at offset 32769 found in file system object MA16.

(chklog) FSCK Inode A16 has references to cross linked blocks.

(chklog) FSCK Duplicate reference to 1 block(s) beginning at offset 40960 found in file system object MA16.

(chklog) FSCK Inode A16 has references to cross linked blocks.

(chklog) FSCK Duplicate reference to 1 block(s) beginning at offset 49154 found in file system object MA16.

(chklog) FSCK Inode A16 has references to cross linked blocks.

(chklog) FSCK Dense file (inode A16) has an unallocated section after offset 16.

(chklog) FSCK Secondary metadata inode A16 is corrupt.

Errors detected in the primary File/Directory Allocation Table.
Errors detected in the secondary File/Directory Allocation Table.
CANNOT CONTINUE.
(chklog) FSCK processing terminated: 2/12/2003 14.18.57 with return code: -10049 exit code: 4.

gava:~#

All my headaches began on Feb 8 13:09:48 and you can see them in my /var/log/messages (this is the attached file).

I'm worry about jfs stability because I'm evaluating journaling filesystems and I hear good things about it.

Any idea about my problems ??.

Thanks in advanced.