--- Fabio Coatti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : > Alle
14:36, martedì 16 settembre 2003, Dave Kleikamp ha
> scritto:
> > This patch fixes a severe data corruption problem in JFS on
> the
> > 2.6.0-test5 kernel.
>
> Very good indeed.. I'll apply this on my test5 and i'll try
> it.
> Any chance that this will improve also fsck'ing of broken
> partition? (using
> 1.1.3 utils)?

same question from me :-)
I started fsck.jfs -f -v /dev/hda6
on a 8 GB partition at around 0:00 AM. At 9:45 AM was
still running (no disk activity - just some messages
about Duplicate object found at ... on filesystem object ... --
i don't recall the exact errror message)
fsck.jfs was running at -15 priority on a 2.4.18 manfrake kernel
I was doing a gdb on the fsck process to see what's doing
gdb said: <a_hex_number> in strncpy

I am wondering if I have such a problem on a 120 GB partition
 how long will it take for fsck to fix it

Bye
Calin

=====
--