Hello,

I have some questions about device number extension.

In Linux kernel 2.6, device number will be extended from 16-bit to 32-bit. All
utilities and libraries should make corresponding extension for this new feature in
kernel 2.6.

I find that +IBw-jfsutils-1.1.4+IB0- uses dev+AF8-t and operates the device number as
16-bit.
In file libfs/devices.h: 53
    static inline int32+AF8-t dev+AF8-to+AF8-kdev(dev+AF8-t rdev)
    +AHs-
         return (major(rdev) +ADwAPA- 8 +AHw- minor(rdev))+ADs-
    +AH0-
The minor device number should be 20-bit. But this operation considers minor has only
8-bit and it seems not to correspond to device number extension.

Since I didn+IBk-t find any information about this aspect in homepage of this package,
I wonder whether the latest version has completed the device number extension? If not,
will it be completed in the future? And when?

Looking forward to answering.

Wei Yongjun
Dept. of Technology and Development
Nanjing Fujitsu Nanda Software Tech. Co., Ltd.(FNST)
No. 16-5, Guanzhou Rd., Nanjing, P.R.China
PHONE: +-86+-25-6630523-651
FUJITSU INTERNAL: 79955-651
FAX: +-86+-25-3317685
Mail: yjwei+AEA-nanjing-fnst.com