--- Dave Kleikamp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> a écrit : > On Tue,
2004-01-20 at 09:06, Bjoern JACKE wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Even if all people use the same encoding,
> > let's say UTF-8, problems come up when there are RPMs or any
> kind of
> > archives which bring files whose names are not validly UTF-8
> encoded,
> > maybe in latin1 or EUC_JP.
> > These files can simply not be created on JFS, which leads to
>
> > unforeseeable problems. Even if one would use an encoding
> like
> > iocharset=iso8859-1, which is 8-bit, utf-8 cannot be created
> because
> > not all 255 possible characters are valid in iso8859-1.
>
> Actually, I believe that the iso8859-1 charset was fixed in
> the 2.6
> kernel so that all 8-bit characters are represented.

Sorry for asking
What character set should we use default when we mount a
jfs filesystem with a 2.6 kernel ?
I use utf8 but sometimes i have the problem described above.

=====
--
A mouse is a device used to point at
the xterm you want to type in.