On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 22:40 +0100, B.Hakvoort wrote:
> Hi ppl,
>
> I've included support(create,grow,copy) for JFS in gparted
> (http://gparted.sourceforge.net) using the CLI tools.
>
> The only thing i couldn't get done is to read the amount of used/unused
> space on a filesystem. I guess this can be done using jfs_debugfs, but i
> can't figure out how.

You can get it from the "dmap" command in jfs_debugfs.  "echo dm |
jfs_debugfs /dev/whatever".  dn_free is the number of free blocks, and
you can get the used blocks by subtracting dn_free from dn_mapsize.

Right now, and maybe forever, the block size is always 4K, but it's
possible that someday other block sizes will be supported.  jfs_debugfs
always prints this as "Aggregate Block Size" if you want to play it safe
and parse it.

--
David Kleikamp
IBM Linux Technology Center