Hello listers,

        Yesterday I tested out a programme that has been heavily promoted in our
business and got mixed results.  First of all this is a mini cd-rom about
the size of a business card.  In fact we referr to it as a digital business
card, (DBC.)  Before I go any further let me just mention as an asside that
you must have a tray cd-rom drive in order to use these mini disks.  sorry
Nick.  Now back to my question.

        i was able to launch the programme successfully and was able to enjoy the
opening presentation which was about ten minutes inlength.  The programme
began executing correctly and all worked well until we got to the main
screen.  A sighted person told me that the screen consisted of a series of
bubble graphics which contained labels.  These graphics when sellected
launch presentations to complament the introductory one, or they allow one
to connect to the internet in order to get more information.    However
when I tried to find them with the Jaws Cursor JFw simply said, "Top of
window", or "bottom of Window" depending on where I was on the screen.  It
wasn't able to read the graphics.  I'll try setting the screen echoe to all
and see what happens, but I'm curious to know iff this is a good indication
that the programme was written in Java.  Is this one way to tell if this is
so?  What else might i try to get Jfw to read these icons.  I understand
that JFW 3.3 will support Java Access O we may want to see how this thing
behaves with it.  If you have any other ideas for being able to access this
programme's main screen please send them my way.

Peter Donahue

We're headed for the future and the future's Now!
"We're headed for the future"
"Dreamer"

Peter donahue

-