here are the instructions for turning of power management.

some times jfw acts up or locks up when the p c goes to sleep so here is how to
turn that off.

hit win 98 start key

letter s for settings

it should say control panel, hit enter

arrow to power management and hit enter

shift key plus tab key keystroke

it should say
power  scheme
tab one time and it should say

on

if it does not, then down arrow to on.
remember these instructions are for a desk top and we are turning off all
management features.

if you are changeing a notebook you may not want to select the,
 on
option here,
because their is a notebook option also.
my knowledge of notebooks is limitted, so consult your notebook vendor..

now tab to hard drive and monitor.

in both of these dialogue boxes down arrow to never

tab to o k and hit enter.
by the way some notebooks work better with both sent to never.
true the notebook  will not last as long on a charge by doing this,
but  blind people can often turn off the screen to make up for lack of power
management.

bill cameron

-
Visit the jfw ml web page: http://jfw.cjb.net