I used to have this  exact same problem.  I think what you need to do is,
firstly to upgrade to jfw 3.2031 patch.  This solves a lot of the problems,
such as losing focus in menus etc..  Something which also helps is to write
a small macro which is attached to a key which performs the following key
strokes. alt+space, escape.  This will reset jaws so that it looks for the
proper position of the cursor if it gets lost.  I sent a message to jfw
support about this, and didn't really get a satisfactory answer about this.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Delaunay Christophe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 'JFW Mailing List' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 23 March 1999 18:12
Subject: Problem with OutLook and jfw 3.0 for NT


>Hi listers,
>
>At the beginning of this week, I had to change from MS Mail to OutLook. The
>problem is that sometimes, jaws looses the focus and the PC and jaws
cursors
>are stuck to a part of window where nothing is displayed. This situation
may
>occur in the following situations :
>
>1) when I hit CTRL+D to delete a message while reading it. So jfw does not
>display the "inbox" window on which OutLook should focus;
>
>2) After moving the message I'm reading into another folder. jfw does not
>come back to the OutLook "inbox" window;
>
>3) when I want to accept a meeting request. It is a particular "move to
>folder" situation because the messages which was received in the inbox will
>be moved into the calendar folder for me to be reminded. But in this case,
>jfw even does not display the "Please respond" window of Outlook.
>
>4) When I send a messages I've just finished. jfw doesn't even display any
>status information for me to know if the message was successfully sent.
>
>Also, I noticed that since they installed Office 97 on my computer, the PC
>cursor does not follow the highlighted item when, for instance, I'm moving
>in a pull-down menu.
>
>So here is my question : Is there anything to change in jfw configuration
to
>work effectively with menus in Office 97 ? As OutLook and the other office
>applications seem to be closely linked, will those changes affect the way
>jfw works in OutLook? This second question is due to the following things I
>noticed :
>
>1) when I changed the aspect of the toolbars of OutLook, I noticed that
>these aspects were equally changed in Word 97.
>
>2) The way jaws shows it is lost in OutLook is the same as the way it is
>lost when I try to put the PC cursor on italicised characters in Word.
>
>I would greatly appreciate if you have any idea about what happens in such
a
>strange situation.
>
>Many thanks in advance. Chris
>-
>Visit the jfw ml web page: http://jfw.cjb.net

-
Visit the jfw ml web page: http://jfw.cjb.net

Reply via email to