Flora and others,

This was the Time Zone bug with Eloquence of which I reminded you all a few
weeks ago.  I couldn't remember the specifics, since I was not directly
affected myself six months ago, but I did say that I wasn't sure whether
this bug had been fixed.

I am personally very annoyed that HJ didn't give us the courtesy of just
reminding List members of the bug, since they and the List were inundated
with Help enquiries when the clocks altered in October last year.


--
Carol Pearson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]



At 21:25 28/03/99 +0100, Flor Lynch wrote:
>You can fix the problem temporarily by either shifting the date up to 4
>April in the Control Panel Date/Time section, or by changing the month to
>either February or April there in the month combobox with just one up or
>one down arrow keystroke.  Press OK when you are satisfied with the
>change(s) you have made.  This will do until next Sunday morning when the
>US time change kicks in, when we may go back to our normal date.  
>
>----------
>: From: Chipmunks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>: To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>: Subject: Re: Help! Cannot load Eloq.jls
>: Date: 28 March 1999 19:57
>: 
>: ON a German mailing list for JFW I am on, the same problem has been
>raised
>: this morning. that list is supervised by the German vendors for JFW. I am
>: not sure of the tech details there, but they said the problem has to do
>: with Europe changing to daylight saving time a week before the US do and
>: that somehow calculations made by both that Eloquence file and another
>: program don't coexist. 
>: 
>: I am physically located in Germany, but have my computer set to regional
>: settings for the US and am on EST timewise.  Here, Eloquence runs fine
>and
>: without complaining thus far. I have no idea, of course, if it will stop
>: working once the Us go to daylight saving time on Easter. <g>
>: 
>: If the time zone is really the problem, maybe changing to a Us one would
>: fix the problem as would resetting the date or something, I guess. I have
>: tried putting the time zone on Greenwich Mean time and still had no
>speech
>: with Eloquence.
>: 
>: Cheers,
>: 
>: doris 
>: 
>: Chip & Dale  ;-)
>: 
>: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>: 
>: -
>: Visit the jfw ml web page: http://jfw.cjb.net
>-
>Visit the jfw ml web page: http://jfw.cjb.net
>

-
Visit the jfw ml web page: http://jfw.cjb.net

Reply via email to