Tribal people are living in abject poverty in all part of India, 
specially in Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Orissa, West Bengal Assam 
etc. . Yet the govt. and the political systems have done nothing to 
make a little bit change in the life of interior tribal villages, 
where modern civic facilities are missing. Right kind of education 
may bring changes; however, able people are just doing many things 
for their selves. Right kind of leadership will certainly be able to 
change the situation with suitable visions and activities.

Neh Indwar,



--- In [email protected], "Sharda Gautam" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote:
>
> Finally time has come to leave the village "Supa" of Ghumla Dist. 
Initial
> few days seemed like we have been placed in some great 
torture..living for
> two months without electricity (forget other basic amenities).
> 
> 
> 
> But it seems this is what taught me most. For me it was just a 
matter of two
> months for them its a matter of whole life if someone among us 
doesn't come
> and involve in development work.
> 
> 
> 
> 1)Most of the kids used to eat in a bowl which was supposed to be 
full of
> rice but it had moew of white water known as "Madh" ( it was done 
by the
> parents intentionally because they had very less of it to feed 
them). and
> this is not the case for a day or two..its for 6-7 months. Only 
the period
> when they harvest rice they eat full stomach.... Virtual Starvation
> 
> 
> 
> 2) Yearly income of most of the family's do not cross 12000.. 
(surprised !!
> we can't live even if we get this as one month salary which they 
are earning
> as yearly sum)( this is 4 times less than wat govt has kept the 
BPL-Below
> Poverty Limit
> 
> 
> 
> 3)People still depend on the local Vaidya as primary health 
facility never
> reached there..and that too becomes highly critical if someone 
falls ill
> after 6p.m. ( Hospital is 55 KM..an to get a vehicle to carry the 
patient u
> need to go 8 km uptil block..and getting a vehicle is also 
difficult in
> evening hours because of fear of MCC--naxal group active there) 
(one will
> have to die if he/she falls seriosuly ill in evening hours
> 
> 
> 
> 4) From 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. village seems to be drowned in darkness..
( just try
> to feeel how difficult the situation will be if we had to live like
> this)..implying no possblity of education for kids during night 
hours..and
> if u think that govt gives kerosene for lightening purpose u r 
probably
> right..be as per provisons each family get 4litres a month which i 
guess is
> very less fr average family size of 10) (Rule of darkness
> 
> 
> 
> 5) Villagers always remain in fear of the Naxal group (virtual 
Civil war)--
> 
> ..
> 
> ......
> 
> ...................
> 
> In short I got the real feel of the words.
> 
> 
> 
> To quote
> 
> Common man- Destined for Social Service
> 
> I am among few lucky people of the world who are blessed with 
world's most
> precious wealth- Parents
> 
> I woke up this morning with more health than illness..........I am 
more
> blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
> I have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of
> imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of 
starvation.......
> I am ahead of 500 million people in the world.
> 
> I have food in the refrigerator, clothes on my back, a roof 
overhead and a
> place to sleep...I am richer than 75% of this world.
> 
> I have money in the bank, in my wallet, and spare change in a dish
> someplace....... I among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.
> 
> I hold up my head with a smile on my face and am truly 
thankful.....I am
> blessed because the majority can, but most do not.
> 
> I prayed yesterday and today........I am among few lucky people 
because I
> believe God does hear and answer prayers.
> 
> Now since I wrote all this, I am more blessed than over two 
billion people
> in the world that cannot read at all.
> 
> For all these Blessings of Almighty will try to express my 
gratitude by
> serving those who don't have this Blessed Richness .
> 
> Common man- Destined for Social Service.
> 
> I guess this real grass root experiential (word very fondly used 
by our
> Prof's at IRMA) learning will make me a more dedicated servant of 
Society.
> 
> 
> 
> PS: I didnt intend to show the negative picture --aim is that few 
more
> people who read it may join the mission to add value to life of 
these
> unprivileged.
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Sharda Gautam
> 
> 
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> Jharkhand Forum
> A Global Network of Jharkhand
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Web: http://forum.jharkhand.org.in
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


Reply via email to