from       "Nayanam,Sarsij"           9:17 am (10 hours ago)        to    
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]           date     May 13, 2008 9:17 AM           subject  
   Jharkhand's Present - Bad...&..Future - Worse!                               
                   hi!
   
  Before I start any sort of discussion here, let me first introduce myself. I 
am Sarsij Nayanam, and I belong to Ranchi. I finished my entire education in 
Ranchi (Schooling from Vikas Vidyala and then DAV Public School, and Graduation 
from BIT,Mesra), and I am proud of the fact that I got the best I could have 
ever thought of. Now I am working with L&T Bangalore, and planning to settle 
down here at this place (thats what is the plan, more because here lies my job 
and future career prospects).
   
  Eversince I got a chance to see the world outside Ranchi, I have been almost 
always been compelled to compare the situations with those at Ranchi. And 
almost always I have come to the conclusion that Ranchi (or for that matter 
Jharkhand) could turn into world class places, but hampers such aspirations is 
the will-power to change things. And I am not only blaming the government but 
also the people of Jharkhand.
   
  Take any instance, be it the traffic condition of Ranchi or the Babu-ism 
which is prevailing in the state, or take the unwillingness of the governemnt 
to do any meaningful development for the people. In all these cases (and 
several hundred other cases) its people who have not asked that 'why this has 
not been done?', and this is the sole reason why politicians do away with some 
bizzare excuses.
   
  The politics of Jharkhand has seen the worst of what India could have ever 
imagined. Almost all the politicians have criminal charges (although exceptions 
are there), almost all have a long list of 'gundaa-ism' and corruption and 
several other severe charges. but are people actually bothered? Next time they 
would again turn-out to vote for the same people, without even thinking twice 
about the future of their state or the future of their kids.
   
  Jharkhand is one state which is abundant with the natural resources, and its 
absolutely capable of becoming the richest and the most developed state of this 
country. But in past 7 years what happened?
   
  I really wish to ask some very very important questions from all you people, 
and I do expect that you should be able to answer these questions ONLY to 
yourself and do some soul searching.......
   
  1. How much did you salary/earning increase in last 7 years? (Or let me put 
it this way, in past seven years how much more financially capable did you 
become?)
   
  2. How many new Govt Schools/Colleges/Hospitals did you see in your city? 
(Since Jharkhand was a new state, and had enough funds to start these basic 
facilities so is it not the right time to get a count of these basic 
facilities?)
   
  3. How many well maintained roads did you see in your area? And how many new 
roads did you find?
   
  4. Since Jharkhand was formed on a hope to build a new state which would be 
self-sufficient, so how many new industries actually started? How many 
MNCs/Indian provate companies actually set up their offices in Jharkhand?
   
  5. How many times did you pay bribe in last seven years (in govt offices)?
   
  6. How many times did you approach a minister/politician, and it turned out 
to be successful/useful (without paying any bribe)?
   
  7. Did you feel that the Infrastructure needs a greater attention, but 
probably the govt doesn't feel the same?
   
  There are several thousand other questions which you should be asking 
yourself, and then decide weather you are in the right place or not?
   
  And before I finish writing this article, I would also like you all to ponder 
over these questions......
   
  How come politicians keep getting richer? (have you ever seen their children 
driving a 'cheap-type' vehicle?) or Have you ever wondered why politicians kids 
almost always enter into politics? How come IAS officials gain so much that 
they afford a living standard which is much higher than average India? From 
where do policians and senior officers get so much money that own huge 
assets.......
   
  think if you can......(although I doubt over the fact that anyone will ever 
think about those questions....)
   
  Anyway, I always welcome comments and some constructive feedback as well as 
some suggestions.
   
  Thanks & Regards
   
  Sarsij Nayanam
  +91-9945234585






 
           
   Jharkhand Forum
   
    

       

Reply via email to