Hi all,

I am attempting to set up a mapping involving several classes that are
derived from a common base. The binding mirrors this structure exactly
(ie., a concrete mapping associated with the base, and several other
mappings that extend the base mapping).   Two questions:

1. Upon unmarshalling, I always get a true instance of the base class,
not one of the extended classes.  This happens no matter how I set up
the unmarshalling context.   Does this sound indicative of a specific
usage problem to anyone?

2. What is the proper class to use as the argument to
BindingFactory.getFactory(), from which to create an unmarshalling
context?  If I have, say, class A, and both classes B and C extend A,
and in my code I don't know in advance whether I have in hand the XML
mapped to B or C, what is the correct approach?

Thanks for any help...
Rick