Thanks, Dennis. That's exactly what I figured would be the case -
extending a base class.

I'd ideally like to read the maxLength attribute off of the XSD for
each element and add a method for a particular class that can perform
the truncation/validation automatically. Looking at the code for
ExtensionDecorator <
http://jibx.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jibx/core/build/src/org/jibx/schema/codegen/extend/ExtensionDecorator.java?view=log
>, it wasn't readily apparent to me if that metadata is available to
me. I looked at the source for CollectionMethodsDecorator also, and
see how I could leverage AST to determine attributes of a class (if
it's a List, etc.), but not how to access the metadata from the XSD.

Does my question make sense? If you have another sample that may help
me with that piece, let me know. I'm worried in looking at the code
that I may have to somehow modify/extend CodeGen, or is that not the
case?

Thanks,

--Thomas