Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 12:22:35 +0000
From: Miguel <mig...@almeida.at>
Subject: [jibx-users] Jibx an Maven: how to have different profiles
       for testing and production
To: jibx-users@lists.sourceforge.net

Dear all,

I use Maven and the jibx-maven plugin. I have a conceptual doubt
regarding the usage of both with testing.

While testing the jibx  components I have some *bindingTest.xml
bindings. While these are useful for testing purposes, they shouldn't be
in the production environment. Moreover, I might even have two
conflicting bindings (ie, relating to the same class), like
PersonbindingTest.xml and Personbinding.xml

Now, because Jibx uses bytecode enhancement, this means that if I
package my classes in Maven and run the tests, I believe the packaged
file will contain bindingTest's bytecode enhancement, even if, in Maven,
I tell it not to package the bindingTest.xml files.

My current "hack" for this problem involves creating two maven profiles
in the jibx-plugin (see http://pastebin.com/GbDVP54d ): one is invoked
in the testing goal, the other in the packaging goal.

The tests fail, however, if I run the package goal without "skip tests",
because *bindingTest.xml files were not used.
Is there a configuration I am not seeing that allows us to run the
bindingTest.xml to perform the test, but ignores these files (and
deletes the corresponding bytecode enhanced classes) in the packaging
phase?

All input welcome!

Miguel Almeida
---- quoted