On 9.10.2015 20:33, Alex Buckley wrote:
On 10/9/2015 1:03 AM, Jaroslav Bachorik wrote:
Well, if anything the @CP annotation is related to
javax.management.openmbean package. All the OpenType and CompositeData
definitions are in this package. @CP annotation is used to influence the
way a CompositeData instance is reconstructed into an instance of the
mapped custom type.

OK, so if ConstructorProperties is more closely related to CompositeData
than to MXBean per se, then put ConstructorProperties into
javax.management.openmbean. The MXBean spec (i.e. the javadoc) is
obviously completely dependent on that package already.

The desire for a new package seems misplaced to me, given how the real
driver for a new package -- the draft JEP for MBean registration --
isn't going anywhere fast.

The desire is stemming from the fact that once we put this annotation into 'javax.management' package we will never move it into 'javax.management.annotation' package even if we would ever agree it would make sense. The same way we really won't be moving @MXBean anywhere.

-JB-

Alex