Hi Lois,

Some comments below.

On 1/25/16 11:42, Lois Foltan wrote:

On 1/22/2016 5:16 PM, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
Please, review this initial fix for the M4 Jigsaw task:

Jdk webrev:
cr.openjdk.java.net/~sspitsyn/webrevs/2016/jdk/8049365-Jigsaw-jdk.3/

Hotspot webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sspitsyn/webrevs/2016/hotspot/8049365-Jigsaw-hs.3/

Hi Serguei,

I have reviewed the hotspot changes and it looks good.

Thank you for the review!

Some minor comments:

src/share/vm/prims/jvmtiEnvBase.hpp
- line #698: I think the do_module() method should have a "assert_locked_or_safepoint(Module_lock);" statement. The method shouldn't be invoked unless under the Module_lock. - line #705: Is there a need for JvmtiModuleClosure to have an empty constructor definition? Could it be removed?

src/share/vm/prims/jvmtiEnvBase.cpp
- line #1486: With a basic "java -version" command there are 77 modules defined to the VM, so I think the GrowableArray should be initially allocated to at least 77 elements.

Good suggestions, all fixed.

In addition, JvmtiModuleClosure::get_all_modules() is using the ClassLoaderDataGraph's modules_do() method that Markus Gronlund had added for JFR support. Good to see you removed the ModulesTable data structure that you had added to modules.[c/h]pp in your preliminary implementation. So at this point, I actually don't think you need anything further from me, JvmtiModuleClosure implementation looks good and my initial concern was around the ModulesTable data structure which is now gone.

Great.
I'm resolving the review comments from Alan now and hope to send new webrevs today after the testing.

Thanks!
Serguei

Thanks,
Lois

  Two follow-up tasks were filed:

Also, please, refer to a related M4 Jigsaw task:
Update JVM TI for modules

Thanks,
Serguei