Thanks, Alan!

I'm Ok with the tweaks you suggest before the push.

Thanks,
Serguei

On 1/26/16 04:45, Alan Bateman wrote:

On 26/01/2016 11:48, serguei.spit...@oracle.com wrote:
Please, review this initial fix for the M4 Jigsaw task:

Jdk webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sspitsyn/webrevs/2016/jdk/8049365-Jigsaw-jdk.4/

Hotspot webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sspitsyn/webrevs/2016/hotspot/8049365-Jigsaw-hs.4/

Thanks Serguei, I think this is looking good and I think you've caught all the places that were sensitive to the major/minor version.

I will get this push to jigsaw/jake today. If you don't mind, I will revert the header in the checked-in jvmti.h as otherwise the run-time images will have a jvmti.h with the GPL header. The issue that the checked-in version was slightly out of sync with the generated is of course technical debt so hopefully we will get to those issues in JDK 9.

One minor point is that the the canGetModuleInfo has a link to ReferenceType#Module() then it should be ReferenceType#module(). I can fix this before push your patches. At some point I think we should add @implSpec to the new methods so that the default implementation is specified.

-Alan