Hi Stephen, Hi all,
I think that delivering tests as a separated module is a bad idea.

I see that from the point of a developer, seeing the code and the test as
different modules can be attractive because everything seems to be put at the
right place but there is a big drawback. Because modules are reified at
runtime, it means that the runtime environment of the tests will be different
from the production environment.

So as Alan said, from the jigsaw point of view at runtime, the tests and the
code should be in the same module.

So the building tools have to come with a way to support to have 2 different
module-info.java in two different folders and package them as one module,
maybe javac should help by providing a way to merge 2 module-info at compile
time.

Rémi