On 19/05/2016 02:41, Mandy Chung wrote:
Webrev at:
   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk9/webrevs/8157068/webrev.00/index.html

This is to allow to patch java.base with an exploded image for JDK development
purpose like this:
$ images/jdk/bin/java -Xpatch:java.base=jdk/modules/java.base -version

jdk.internal.module.SystemModules class is generated at link time to allow fast
reconstitution of ModuleDescriptor.  If an image is patched with java.base of
an exploded image, it will fall back to read and parse module-info.class from
the jimage.  Hashes of tied modules are recorded in
jdk.internal.module.SystemModules class in the fast path.  If patched, this fix
will use the hashes recorded in the Hashes attribute for integrity check (that
already validated at link time).

A complicated scenario but the approach looks okay. No need to use JavaLangModuleAccess to get at the hashes, just use descriptor.hashes().

The patch test directory already has a basic test for -Xpatch and might be confusing to have the modules for both tests in the same tree. I wonder if we should move each both tests in their own sub-directory to keep it easier to understand.

-Alan.