> On 9 Jun 2016, at 11:16, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> On 08/06/2016 20:45, Jim Laskey (Oracle) wrote:
>
>> Consistent use of PathPatterns for jlink, jimage and jmod options.

>> glob:<pattern>
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlaskey/8158402/webrev/index.html
>> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlaskey/8158402/webrev/index.html>
>> <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8158402>
>>
> This look okay to me but two questions:
>
> 1. Do any of the usage resources need to be updated?
>
> 2. Does this introduce an inconsistency in the jmod tool in that
> --hash-modules takes a regex whereas --exclude takes a pattern that is a glob
> (at least by default, it could be a regex too if prefixed with "regex:").

As things currently stand --hash-modules accepts a regex, and --exclude
accepts a glob. So this change does not affect default behaviour.

It makes sense for --exclude to take a glob ( and optionally a regex ).
I don’t think it makes sense for --hash-modules to take anything other
than a regex.

Are there issues with this?

Jim,   can you please rename GlobConverter to PatternConverter or
ExcludeConverter,
or similar.

-Chris.