Given that ClassLoader#getUnnamedModule is not a static method, the
signature implies different class loaders can have different unnamed
modules. I only say "imply" because I would expected a static method to be
the source of a singleton object. AFAICT, there is just one "unnamed"
module according to the SOTMS... so what's with requiring non-static
access?

If there is just one, then please consider adding "static". However,
David's email regarding #DefaultModule alerted me that may not be the case.
I'm in the process of writing a test myself, but it would be nice to get
confirmation beforehand.

When the SOTMS talks about one unnamed module, is that when custom layers
are not involved? When layers are involved, can each layer define their own
unnamed module (thus many can exist)?

Cheers,
Paul