Hi,

Unrelated to this issue, I think I found a bug which may cause thread interrupt to be swallowed. There's a 2nd place where CacheKey is cloned, but for a reason I cannot explain:

1760         if (bundle != NONEXISTENT_BUNDLE) {
1761             CacheKey constKey = (CacheKey) cacheKey.clone();
1762
1763             try {
1764                 if (module.isNamed()) {
1765 bundle = loadBundle(cacheKey, formats, control, module);
1766                 } else {
1767 bundle = loadBundle(cacheKey, formats, control, expiredBundle);
1768                 }
1769                 if (bundle != null) {
1770                     if (bundle.parent == null) {
1771                         bundle.setParent(parent);
1772                     }
1773                     bundle.locale = targetLocale;
1774 bundle = putBundleInCache(cacheKey, bundle, control);
1775                     return bundle;
1776                 }
1777
1778 // Put NONEXISTENT_BUNDLE in the cache as a mark that there's no bundle
1779                 // instance for the locale.
1780 putBundleInCache(cacheKey, NONEXISTENT_BUNDLE, control);
1781             } finally {
1782 if (constKey.getCause() instanceof InterruptedException) {
1783                     Thread.currentThread().interrupt();
1784                 }
1785             }

... the clone ('constKey') is only used in finally clause to check whether its 'cause' is an InterruptedException and set the thread interrupt status if it is. The trouble is, CacheKey.clone() clears the 'cause' on the clone (line 795):

 782         @Override
 783         public Object clone() {
 784             try {
 785                 CacheKey clone = (CacheKey) super.clone();
 786                 if (loaderRef != null) {
787 clone.loaderRef = new KeyElementReference<>(getLoader(),
 788 referenceQueue, clone);
 789                 }
790 clone.moduleRef = new KeyElementReference<>(getModule(),
 791 referenceQueue, clone);
 792                 // Clear the reference to ResourceBundleProviders
 793                 clone.providers = null;
 794                 // Clear the reference to a Throwable
 795                 clone.cause = null;
 796                 // Clear callerHasProvider
 797                 clone.callerHasProvider = null;
 798                 return clone;
 799             } catch (CloneNotSupportedException e) {
 800                 //this should never happen
 801                 throw new InternalError(e);
 802             }
 803         }

...so the if statement in finally clause never executes its body. Now what was the programmers intent? Did (s)he want to check the cacheKey's cause as it was before executing loadBundle statements with the cacheKey? If so, then it would be better to just remember the cause and not clone the whole cacheKey...

Regards, Peter