On 28/07/16 18:03, Alan Bateman wrote:
> On 28/07/2016 16:59, Andrew Dinn wrote:
> when converting the URI to a URL, we'll get that fixed.

Thanks. That's good to know.

> But to your question then the module location is used as the CodeSource:
>
>      * <p> This URI, when present, is used as the {@linkplain
>      * java.security.CodeSource#getLocation location} value of a {@link
>      * java.security.CodeSource CodeSource} so that a module's classes
> can be
>      * granted specific permissions when loaded by a {@link
>      * java.security.SecureClassLoader SecureClassLoader}.
>
> and so interesting when running with a security manager and granting the
> module permissions.

Ok, I guess I'll need to look into class SecureClassLoader to see what
might happen to the URL.

> The main user of ModuleReader is class loaders that load
> classes/resources from the modules. ClassLoaders need to implement
> methods such as findResource and findResources will attempt to return a
> URL to resources in modules defined to the ClassLoader. You should see
> your find method invoked for these cases.

Ah, yes of course. However, my ModuleReader is only there to squirt
class bytes into the module on behalf of the agent. So, I doubt the
ModuleReader will ever need to do resource loading.

Thanks you very much for your help.

regards,

Andrew Dinn
Senior Principal Software Engineer