Hi Waldek,

I feel the other responses focus too much on your side-remark on reflection.

What you're seeing here with jdeps is not unexpected behavior, I believe. For
example, log4j *does* reference awt code [0], even though you might not expect
it. Same holds true for swing classes [1]. It's just when you run it on a full
JDK, you're not aware of this dependency! Hurray for modularity, making it
clear that you need awt to use log4j... (and therefore, transitively your
app.jar if it uses log4j classes). Now this ColorRule [0] class may never be
loaded in any of your usage scenarios, but that doesn't mean the dependency is
not there.

Hope this helps,

Sander

[0]
https://github.com/apache/log4j/blob/c5f4279081091e562c44bb753f6e52dc6be5fa52/src/main/java/org/apache/log4j/rule/ColorRule.java#L20
[1]
https://github.com/apache/log4j/search?utf8=✓&q=swing<https://github.com/apache/log4j/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=swing>

On 08 Sep 2016, at 00:34, Waldek Kozaczuk