Hello,

I'm currently prototyping an alternate bootstrap implementation that will allow
packages with the same name to exist across modules, and one thing I have run
across is the need to know what the boot and platform modules are since there
are restrictions on what type of ClassLoader can be used with them. Currently
this information is located in the
jdk.internal.module.ModuleLoaderMap class. In my prototype I just exposed that
info via static public methods on ModuleLoaderMap, but it seems like the
appropriate place for this is as read only attributes on the
java.lang.module.ResolvedModule class.

Does that make sense?

Is there interest in a feature request and patch for that?

Thanks,
Scott