Alan Bateman wrote:
On 29/10/2016 23:09, Simon Nash wrote:

My application uses sun.misc.SignalHandler which is now in the jdk.unsupported module. This class is available when running with the full JRE but not when
running with the compact3 JRE.

The sun.misc.* classes are available in the compact1/2/3 profiles in JDK 8 and I don't see any reason why the compact1/2/3 profiles should not contain these
classes in JDK 9.
Not an issue if you are using jlink to create the runtime image yourself but fair point that the JDK build should probably include jdk.unsupported in the runtime images for the compact Profiles. I'll create a bug for this.

-Alan.

Thanks!  I have found the bug report and I am starting the process of
becoming a contributor so that I can submit a fix.

Simon