> On Nov 7, 2016, at 5:48 AM, Jim Laskey (Oracle) <james.las...@oracle.com>
> wrote:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~jlaskey/8159393/webrev/index.html

I notice that this webrev has been updated with the new
-—ignore-signing-information option, which is fine.

The following creates the image with IGNORE_SIGNING_DEFAULT confused me
initially.  Is the createImage method calling these lines still needed?

 256         ImageProvider imageProvider = createImageProvider(finder,
 257                                       config.getModules(),
 258                                       config.getLimitmods(),
 259                                       config.getByteOrder(),
 260                                       null,
 261                                       IGNORE_SIGNING_DEFAULT);

 507
System.err.println(taskHelper.getMessage("warn.signing", path));

It’d be good to include “Warning: “ prefix in the warning message.  Perhaps add
a new warn method for future use.

test/tools/jlink/JLinkSigningTest.java
   Nit: it’d be good to keep @modules sorted.

This test can use java.util.spi.ToolProvider instead of using the internal APIs
to invoke javac, jlink etc.  See test/tools/jlink/basic/BasicTest.java.

Mandy