Alan Bateman wrote:
On 14/12/2016 17:21, David Hill wrote:

I have yet another gradle exception:

java.lang.IllegalAccessException: class org.gradle.groovy.scripts.internal.GradleResolveVisitor cannot access a member of class org.codehaus.groovy.control.ClassNodeResolver with modifiers "protected static final"

Gradle is trying to use a jar it is packaged with likely (groovy-all-2.4.7.jar)

A quick search online did not show me how to specify a (presumably) automatic module in the

   --add-opens=module/package=consumer

argument.
Automatic modules open all their packages and so the --add-opens here with be a no-op.

As regards the IllegalAccessException then I don't know the types involved here so know if org.gradle.groovy.scripts.internal.GradleResolveVisitor is a sub-type of org.codehaus.groovy.control.ClassNodeResolver or not. It's possible this is nothing to do with modules but running with -Dsun.reflect.debugModuleAccessChecks=true might reveal something useful.

We are already running with "-Dsun.reflect.debugModuleAccessChecks=true" and I don't see anything obvious. I do note that when I see this, which isn't very often, it seems only to be a warning; I haven't noticed any problems as a result. As to whether or not it has anything to do with modules, you might be right. It did only start happening with jdk-9+148 though (we didn't get with build 147 prior to switching).

-- Kevin