On Jan 12, 2017, at 12:29 PM, Claes Redestad <claes.redes...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Right, I was just looking at the micro Stephen provided me, and it does
> seem that the added cost for this case is due to invokeWithArguments
> creating a new invoker every time.

This is a good workaround, and Stephen's report is a helpful reminder
that our performance story has a sharp edge.

We cache spreaders in the case of varargs methods,
for full performance, but not for the ad hoc spreader used by MH.iWA.

We should cache them, to remove this sharp edge (or performance pothole).
There are small technical challenges to do so.  Claes and I added
some notes to the bug report; maybe someone can look into it more.

— John