Hi Alan,

jaxp and stack walking class (and test) changes look OK to me.

best regards,

-- daniel

On 07/02/17 13:23, Alan Bateman wrote:
We've been accumulating changes in the jake forest for the last few
weeks and it's time to bring the changes to jdk9/dev, to make jdk-9+157
if possible. JDK 9 is the first phase of rampdown and so this update
will need to get approval via the FC-extension process.

The changes this time are significantly smaller than previous updates.
Much of this update is API and javadoc cleanup. There are a few new
methods, and a few methods have been renamed/changed, but it's otherwise
small potatoes.

The webrevs with the changes are here:
   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~alanb/8173393/1/

Note that the webrevs are against jdk-9+155 because that is what jake is
currently at. I will re-generate the webrevs later in the week once
jdk-9+156 is promoted before eventually merging with jdk9/dev in advance
of the eventual push.

One other thing to note is that the hotspot+jdk repos have the changes
for JDK-8171855, this is only because that change was backed up in
jdk9/hs for several weeks and only got to jdk9/dev for jdk-9+156. This
means that the only non-test change in the hotspot repo is to
methodHandles.cpp.

In the langtools repo then most of the changes are mechanical, with the
only real update being cleanup to jdeps and the change to javac + javap
to use the right values for the requires flags (the issue that RĂ©mi
brought up on jigsaw-dev last week when sync'ing up ASM).

In the jdk repo then ignore the DEBUG_ADD_OPENS changes in
ModuleBootstrap, that is not intended for JDK 9.

There are a few small bug fixes, and a few more startup improvements
from Claes. There are a small number of tests that aren't in jake yet
for this update but they should be before I refresh the webrev later in
the week.

-Alan