I edited the module descriptions per your feedback.  I also revised
GenGraphs tool to take a properties file to customize the dot graphs
for javadoc use.

Updated webrev:
  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk9/webrevs/8173303/webrev.02/

Magnus, Erik,

I modified Javadoc.gmk and Main.gmk to add a new target to generate
.dot files for javadoc use.  GenGraphs tool depends on the exploded
image build.  Javadoc.gmk temporarily takes ENABLE_MODULE_GRAPH make
variable for us to enable @moduleGraph taglet until JDK-8176785 is
resolved.

thanks
Mandy

> On Mar 25, 2017, at 2:36 AM, Alan Bateman <alan.bate...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> On 24/03/2017 21:50, Mandy Chung wrote:
>
>> Alan,
>>
>> I took another round of edits on the module descriptions:
>>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk9/webrevs/8173303/webrev.01/
>>
>> Once we have the unified docs, it will make it easier to review
>> the module summary page for all modules where we will revise
>> these module descriptions again.
>>
> I went through the updated module descriptions.
>
> Two more that seem to be missing "the" are jdk.net and jdk.sctp, I think they
> will read okay once that is added.

Fixed. I missed that.

> jdk.httpserver currently has "Defines the JDK-specific API for HTTP server",
> it might be better to re-shuffle this to "Defines the API for the
> JDK-specific HTTP server”.

This reads better.

> I think the only one that needs re-examination is jdk.charsets. The java.base
> module contains the standard charsets and all other charsets needed to start
> the runtime on any of the supported configurations. It thus varies by
> platform with jdk.charsets providing the charsets that aren't in java.base.
> Finding the right description is difficult, maybe we should start with
> "Charset provider for the charsets that are not in java.base (mostly double
> byte and IBM charsets". I could imagine linking this to the "Supported
> encodings" docs page in time.

Let’s start with this version.  I expect we will refine the module
description further next couple weeks.

> Everything else looks good.

Thanks
Mandy