On 23/05/2017 6:20 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
Volker - one suggestion for your experiments is to change your JDK 8 security properties file (java.security) to add "com.sun.crypto.provider." to the value of the "package.access" property. That should mean you will get the same AccessControlException with JDK 8 as you do with JDK 9. It may help to reason about the JDK 8 behavior, including what is triggered by verification, before looking at 9.

On the "Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again" message. It's not core to your questions of course but I agree it is confusing. Ramanand Patil had a number of attempts on core-libs-dev to improve this and it may be that more is needed there.

Yes I was sure we had agreed to remove that and I don't see it in Oracle JDK so perhaps it is only in OpenJDK launcher?

David

-Alan