I agree with Alan here, we should not be pushing a semantic understanding of
inner classes into JarFile.

I do sympathise with the case of annotation class scanning, which has always
tunnelled through the class loader view to directly get at class file bytes
possibly dealing with various URI schemes, since that is currently the only
effective way of accessing the required information in an efficient manner.

As Alan mentioned we should add a traversable versioned view of a JarFile,
returning a Stream, from which it should be possible to filter according to
certain semantics.

Paul.