Hello.

I'm analyzing the contents of jar files and basically need to answer
the question "is this jar file modularized?". To do this, I search for
a module-info.class file in the root of the jar file (and parse it with
ASM), or I look for an Automatic-Module-Name entry in the jar manifest
if there doesn't appear to be a module descriptor available.

Unfortunately, some projects don't put the module-info.class file in
the root of the jar. Some of them place them in
META-INF/versions/9/module-info.class, for example. I could search
every possible subdirectory in the jar for something that looks like a
module-info.class, but I'd prefer not to have to. Is there a standard
method in the JDK that can find the module descriptor class file for me
based on the rules the JVM uses to find the descriptor upon loading a
jar?

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com