On 04/12/2018 13:52, Severin Gehwolf wrote:
:
The inherent assumption is that jlink is run on a JDK build that has a
module set at least equal to the modules specified to the tool. Other
than that, yes.
The approach would need integrity as it would be too easy to end up with a mismatch between the native libraries and the other resources in the module.

:

You mail makes me wonder if it would be feasible to have a plugin that
does the stripping, maybe you've looked into that already?
We've considered it, but I haven't looked into it.
I think it's worth exploring, even if it means requiring the `strip` tool on the system.

-Alan.